Machine Readable Passport
Attention: CLICK HERE to know guideline for submission of Machine Readable Passport (MRP) Online Application
To save your valuable time and to enable us to serve you better, please visit http://www.passport.gov.bd/ and submit MRP application online. You will receive a receipt after successful submission of your MRP application. Please print your receipt and bring the same at the Embassy as per your previously scheduled time for bio-metric endorsement.
Please check the spelling and accuracy of the data that you have provided while submitting your online application since these will be reflected in your passport.
In case you face trouble viewing the above website and/or submitting online application in Internet Explorer, it is advisable to try a recent version of Google Chrome or Firefox browsers.
The following are the tentative schedule of mobile MRP enrolment camps:
|16 – 19 May 2015: Orlando, Florida||DONE||23 – 28 May 2015: Warren, Michigan
|30 May – 1 June 2015: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania||DONE||06 – 09 June 2015: Chicago, Illinois
|11 – 15 June: Atlanta, Georgia||DONE
||18 – 22 June 2015: Houston, Texas
|23 – 24 June 2015: Austin, Texas||DONE
||03 – 06 July 2015: Dallas, Texas
Re-issue of an existing MRP (Machine Readable Passport) –
- If you do not wish to change your photograph: you may not need to visit the Embassy physically. Please fill in an MRP application form (online or hard copy) and send it to the Embassy by postal mail along with the following: (a) One copy of recent photograph, (b) Photocopy of the current passport, (c) Photo copy of 17-digit Birth Certificate or National ID Card (which mentioned in your previous MRP), (d) A money order/bank draft of USD 110 in favour of the ‘Embassy of Bangladesh’ and (e) A self-addressed return envelope (USPS Flat Rate Express Mail with Tracking Number). Your passport will be sent to you once it is received from Dhaka.
- If you want to change your photograph in your passport, please contact the Embassy over phone to set an appointment; and follow the procedure as you would do during obtaining a new MRP. You may also visit one of our mobile MRP enrolment camp when it comes to your area. Please see the above-mentioned schedule. For more information, please call us or keep an eye on our website.
- If a machine readable passport was issued when the holder was a minor due to which biometric information was not recorded, and now the holder has attained 15 years of age, the holder needs to visit the Embassy or a mobile enrolment facility. In this case, please follow the procedure of obtaining of a new MRP as mentioned in (2) above.
- Embassy address: Embassy of Bangladesh, 3510 International Drive NW, Washington, DC 20008
- For Embassy appointments, we encourage you to fill the online application. Link is here: http://www.passport.gov.bd/. If you fill the online form, please print the receipt page and include this with your application set. In this case, you do not need to fill in a hard copy form. For mobile enrolment camp, please use only regular hard copy application form.
- Please obtain a regular application form from here:
For further enquiry,
Please dial: +1 202-244-0183 Extensions: 115 or 136 or 100
Fax: +1 202-244-7248 / 202-244-2771
Email (consular matters only): email@example.com