Machine Readable Passport
Attention: CLICK HERE to know guideline for submission of Machine Readable Passport (MRP) Online Application
A Bangladesh passport is a travel document issued by the Government of Bangladesh ONLY to its citizens for the purpose of international travel. It must be either in the custody of the bearer or of a person duly authorized by its bearer. If lost or destroyed, the fact and circumstances must be immediately reported to the Passport Office in Bangladesh or the nearest Bangladesh Mission and to the local police authorities.
Issuance of a passport can be denied on grounds of suppression of facts or submission of incorrect information. Any willful damage to passport or unauthorized changes/corrections on a passport will render it invalid.
To save your valuable time and to enable us to serve you better, please visit http://www.passport.gov.bd/ and submit MRP application online. You will receive a receipt after successful submission of your MRP application. Please print your receipt and bring the same at the Embassy as per your previously scheduled time for bio-metric endorsement.
Please check the spelling and accuracy of the data that you have provided while submitting your online application since these will be reflected in your passport.
Requirements for MRP:
(a) One copy of recent photograph (size 55x45mm);
(b) Photocopy of the current passport with original;
(c) Photo copy of 17-digit Birth Certificate or National ID Card;
(d) Money order/bank draft of US$ 110 (for Ordinarry Delivery) / US$ 220 (for Express Delivery) addressed to the ‘Embassy of Bangladesh’;
(e) Proof of Occupation (if applicant is Engineer, Physician, Researcher, Teacher, Student, Driver or any special occupation). For Private Service, no proof of occupation is required;
(f) Copy of Marriage Certificate (if applicant is married);
(g) Proof of non-US citizen or any foreign national (Photocopy of Green Card/Permanent Resident Card or Work Permit or I-20 etc). If US citizen or any foreign national, please provide a photocopy of Dual National Certificate.
Self-addressed prepaid envelope for return mail service preferably USPS Certified with tracking number /Express Mail Flat Rate (from US Post Office) / UPS or FedEx Prepaid label by the applicant. Your passport will be sent to you once it is received from Dhaka. The return envelope is not required if the applicant wishes to collect the MRP (Passport) from the Embassy physically.
Processing time for MRP:
Application and requirements are received at the counter between 10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m., Monday to Friday, except holidays. Delivery time is from 3:30–5:00 p.m.
Please note that the Bangladesh Embassy needs at least 45 to 60 days (60-days for Ordinary Delivery / 45-days for Express Delivery) to process the MRP application. Therefore, all new applicants for MRP are requested to come to the Embassy well in advance so that the Embassy can process his or her request for MRP in a timely manner.
1. Please check the spelling and accuracy of the data that you have provided while filling in your application form since these will be reflected in your passport and fulfill all requirements to avoid any delay in processing;
2. Any misrepresentation of facts may lead to cancellation of MRP at any time.
In case you face trouble viewing the above website and/or submitting online application in Internet Explorer, it is advisable to try a recent version of Google Chrome or Firefox browsers.
Mobile MRP Enrollment Status (New / Re-issue)
Re-issue of an existing MRP (Machine Readable Passport) –
- If you do not wish to change your photograph/signature: you may not need to visit the Embassy physically. Please fill in an MRP application form (in PDF format, without barcode) and send it to the Embassy by postal mail along with the following (requirements): (a) One copy of recent photograph (size 55x45mm); (b) Photocopy of the current passport with original; (c) Photo copy of 17-digit Birth Certificate or National ID Card (which mentioned in your previous MRP); (d) A money order/bank draft of US$ 110 (for Ordinary Delivery) / US$ 220 (for Express Delivery) addressed to the ‘Embassy of Bangladesh’; (e) Proof of Occupation (if applicant is Engineer, Physician, Researcher, Teacher, Student, Driver or any special occupation). For Private Service, no proof of occupation is required;(f) Copy of Marriage Certificate (if applicant is married); (g) Proof of non-US citizen or any foreign national (Photocopy of Green Card/Permanent Resident Card or Work Permit or I-20 etc). If US citizen or any foreign national, please provide a photocopy of Dual National Certificate.
- If you want to change your photograph/signature in your re-issued passport, please contact the Embassy over phone to set an appointment; and follow the procedure as you would do during obtaining a new MRP. You may also visit one of our mobile MRP enrolment camp when it comes to your area. Please see the above-mentioned schedule, if any. For more information, please call us or keep an eye on our website.
- If a machine readable passport was issued when the holder was a minor due to which biometric information was not recorded, and now the holder has attained 15 years of age, the holder needs to visit the Embassy or a mobile enrolment facility. In this case, please follow the procedure of obtaining of a new MRP as mentioned in (2) above.
- Embassy address: Embassy of Bangladesh, 3510 International Drive NW, Washington, DC 20008
- For Embassy appointments, we encourage you to fill the online application. Link is here: http://www.passport.gov.bd/. If you fill the online form, please print the receipt page and include this with your application set. In this case, you do not need to fill in a hard copy form. For mobile enrolment camp, please use only regular hard copy application form.
- Please obtain a regular application form from here:
For further enquiry,
Please dial: +1 202-244-0183 Extensions: 115 or 136 or 100
Fax: +1 202-244-7248 / 202-244-2771
Email: email@example.com (MRP only)